Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Count me in!

This week, Northumbria University in the UK released a study that showed consuming cocoa flavanols improved people’s performance on math tasks, and lessened their mental fatigue.

Actually, I’ve noticed that before. I’ll be working away on an Excel spreadsheet, trying to figure out THE formula that will make my life easier, and when I eat a piece of chocolate, whoosh! The answer will come flooding in. No kidding. Or maybe it’s the end of a long day, and you walk into the room wondering what you were looking for … if I can only remember to eat a piece of chocolate, it makes those brain neurons stretch out their little tentacles until they finally touch again, and it all becomes clear.

The kindness of chocolate … ah …

Have you ever had an experience like that?

1 comment:

  1. Lisa:
    Which one of your chocolates would be best for daily mind performance or fatigue in general?

    ReplyDelete